While it’s no longer news that Microsoft wants to cooperate with the open source community, it’s remarkable that Redmond is now going so far as to help found an open source project whose goal is to erase platform lock-in for programming. In the past, platform lock-in constituted the crux of Microsoft’s business strategy, but those days are long past.
Amazing stats posted by Mano Marks
More than a 70,000% increase in job postings around the world. It’s safe to say that companies all over are investing heavily in Docker to transform their application lifecycles. That means it’s a great opportunity for developers and ops pros who already have hands on experience building, shipping and running Dockerized distributed applications. Docker is also an essential tool for any DevOps team and their CI/CD pipeline and will be an incredible asset as you look for jobs in the fast moving DevOps job market as well.
Full Story from Docker.com blog.
The RightScale 2015 State of the Cloud report has found DevOps adoption increase year on year in enterprises, as well as a continued push towards a hybrid cloud strategy.
Chef Seattle Meetup
Chef on Microsoft Azure
- Manage, scale and rebuild your Windows Azure environment with ease.
- Create perfect replicas of your production environment for development, testing and pre-production
- •As you scale, use Chef to search across your infrastructure to dynamically configure complex services such as load balancers, monitoring services and ID management tools
- •Leverage Chef as an automation framework to enable continuous delivery
- Azure Automation Beyond PowerShell, with Chef & Puppet
- To learn more about Chef for Azure visit getchef.com/solutions/windows; for more on Puppet for Azure seepuppetlabs.com/solutions/microsoft.
Similar to Chef:
- PowerShell Desired State Configuration and DevOps in Microsoft Azure
Where do you stand on RightScales Survey model?
- Cloud Watchers are developing cloud strategies and plans.
- Cloud Beginners are working on proof-of-concepts or initial cloud projects.
- Cloud Explorers have multiple projects and applications deployed in the cloud.
- Cloud Focused businesses are heavily using cloud infrastructure.
Cloud Computing Trends: 2014 State of the Cloud Survey – http://bit.ly/UKAEI8