Machine learning is the process of teaching a computer to impose structure and meaning on data. Currently Machine learning is “on fire” and with it we’re seeing an amazing new possibilities formerly reserved for science fiction.
- Improving elevator efficiencies
- Predicting Grocery delivery of different foods and house goods
- Predicting the Outcome of the 2014 U.S. Congressional Elections
- Personalized experience in the retail industry for all interactions and touch points
- Retail Fraud
- Price Optimization
- Inventory Forecasting
- Location Analytics
- Heat map for breeding cows
Breeding cows can be tricky. The window for successful insemination is narrow – 12 – 18 hours every 21 days – and spotting it can require farmers to monitor tens or even hundreds of cows.
In Japan, dairy farmers employed a high-tech solution to noticing when a cow was getting frisky.